Saturday, February 7, 2009

Will my US camera battery charger work in Peru


Will my US camera battery charger work in Peru?
I have a Canon SD 500 camera with a charger for the battery. I have been told that Peru has the same plugs as the United States but they have 220 Volts current instead of 120 Volts here in the United States. The back of the charge says 100V-240V 50/60 Hz Can I use my camera battery charger in Peru? Will I be able to plug it into the wall in Peru?
Other - Electronics - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Yes you will be able to as it has a special switchmode power supply (going off it's labelling 100v-240v 50/60Hz) allowing it to be used in any country. Check the following link to find the correct plug adaptor for your US plug to Peru. They should be available in any electronics store or airport. http://www.kropla.com/electric2.htm