Thursday, July 1, 2010

What visa is needed for consultancy work in South America


What visa is needed for consultancy work in South America?
I’m going to be giving some sustainability consultancy in various South American countries from October for a 6-month period. I’m a UK citizen and I would be paid by a consultancy firm based in England. I would like to live in Peru but the work I do might be for any one of the surrounding countries, or many of them simultaneously (including Peru)….some of the work will be remote, i.e. over the internet. I’ll be taxed on my earnings based on the UK system, where I’m registered as a sole trader. My question is whether I will need some sort of working visa to carry out the work for the countries I offer assistance to? The work I do will be for public administrations but it isn’t clear how much there will be or who exactly I’ll be working for, specifically. Complicated!!!
Embassies & Consulates - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I would just get a mastercard and be done with it
2 :
Yes, you need a work visa in Peru, and you will need a business visa (which will allow you to work for a few time). As a British citizen you dont need a visa, for this countries, if you are going for visit or tourism, but you are not allowed to work there.