Monday, March 21, 2011

Is this good enough to get into a good college


Is this good enough to get into a good college?
I'm going to put everything I have. I got a 31 on the ACT (going to retake it), my GPA is 4.1(weighted), I played soccer during high school but not for my school, I played one year of tennis (sophomore), I've done volunteer work in Peru during past summers, I'm in an environmental club at school, but I'm not in NHS. That's basically it. Be honest when responding. Is this good enough? What should I improve on? Looking at Northwestern, Duke, U of Illinois, and Vanderbilt, etc.
Higher Education (University +) - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
you have VERY high chances of getting in, volunteering (especially in other countries) is amazing, and sports as an out of school activity help a lot. You seriously have a good chance and those factors, plus your GPA and ACT will really help you. It won't hurt to apply, I would do it, and make sure your essay is STELLAR. this is sometimes the deciding factor.
2 :
Looking good to me, honestsly, lol. BUT getting better always helps your chances. Keep working hard, if you have a goal don't slack on it. Work your freaking BUT OFF if ya have to , but still enojoy life. There is plenty of good things out there so keep it up! When you write your essay to college, metion your goals and dreams too! They probably want to know why your so motivated! You'll do fine, hoped I help, so good luck and GODBLESS
3 :
you can always try a community college. They take anybody. When your grades improve you can transfer into one of the other colleges.
4 :
GPA could be higher....but the volunteer work and extra curriculars looks pretty good...Should be able to get into Vanderbilt or maybe Illinois/northwestern....but Duke tends to look more solely at GPA/Test scores