Sunday, August 1, 2010

What is the best way (cheaper) to use a cellphone in peru when going for vacation


What is the best way (cheaper) to use a cellphone in peru when going for vacation?
I have verizon here, I heard its good to rent one but in the airport here or over there? And how does it work.. do I pay beforehand and can I call the U.S, will my family here not incurring any charges?
Peru - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If you're only going for a bit, rent one from the airport.
2 :
i think maybe a prepay phone could be the answer. u can use a prepay calling card to call the u s. i use the claro brand of phone.
3 :
I think you can buy a prepaid line (only the chip) in Perú and use it on your phone, then you can buy a prepaid calling card. Make sure your telephone can use 4 bands chips.