Friday, July 1, 2011

Stay at home mom wishing to take in one or two infants to toddlers for extra cash in peru indiana any pointers


Stay at home mom wishing to take in one or two infants to toddlers for extra cash in peru indiana any pointers
what should I charge? I've been working in the health care feild for eight years, but would prefer to stay at home with my four month old son. You don't have to be liscensed in indiana unless you take in more than five children.
Newborn & Baby - 8 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Put an ad in the paper. Tell family and friends that you are wanting to babysit. What yuo should charge really depends on what is normal for the area. I live in Central Missouri and I pay $170 for two weeks per kid.
2 :
I think the best thing to do is call around & see what other places/home childcare providers are charging & then charge a little less, or equivilent. In Texas the avg. charge for an infant is $110 per week & toddlers are about $80 p/week. Once you've decided on the charge, run an ad in the paper for advertisement.
3 :
peru is not in india and u should take care of your kids
4 :
Look in the yellow pages, call up a couple of baby minders and ask how much THEY charge as if you were considering.... advertize on your church's social board
5 :
When I babysat i had my 2 year old son babysitting a 1 year old and a two year old that were brother and sister. With a young baby I recomend babysitting toddlers that or more independant bc its hard to take care of more than 1 baby at a time. I doubt working moms would pay a high amount of money because it's not daycare but when I charged anywhere between five dollars an hour to 25 dollars a day.
6 :
Jake, you should learn to pay attention to what you read. She said Peru Indiana not India and I assure you there is a Peru Indiana as I used to work there and I currently live not too far from there. I stayed home about 5 years ago and did daycare in my home. I went through all the classes and was going to get a license but chose not to because of all the hassle. I charged $60.00 for the first child and gave a break to families who have more than one. I did my research and made up contracts to protect both myself and the clients, Plus it eliminated any confusion on pay and fee's and overtime. I enjoyed it tremendously and would still be a stay at home mom if I weren't a single parent now.
7 :
Call around and see what the other places in your area are charging for the different ages and take it from there.
8 :
I have a 6 month old baby and I watch a one year old little girl 3 to 4 days a week and I charge $100 per week. I also watch her 5 year old brother and charge $20 per day for him.