Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Has anyone ever volunteered with Friend Ships Unlimited? What was your experience like


Has anyone ever volunteered with Friend Ships Unlimited? What was your experience like?
www.friendships.org -- Friend Ships Unlimited (Park West Children's Fund, Inc.), provides large scale humanitarian and disaster aid and supports ongoing programs that are having an ongoing impact on their communities. A person can volunteer to work with them. They send "mercy ships" to places in need of supplies and as we speak are mounting an effort to send a ship with supplies to the help the people of the earthquake disaster region of Peru. I would like to hear from anyone who has worked with Friend Ships. I am retired, in good health, and giving thought to the possibility of working with them myself.
Community Service - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I have not worked with them, but I have read about their work. I think you should definitely volunteer with that group, and then - here is the important part - write up a report on your experiences and submit it to Reader's Digest. Keep a diary of your experiences every day.