Saturday, July 21, 2012

Can you work on cruise ship to pay for your fare


Can you work on cruise ship to pay for your fare?
I want to travel to Peru from Australia. Is there a way I can work onboard a ship in exchange for my fare? Can you travel as a cleaner or dish-washer and in exchange they give you food and a room? I don't really have any skills to offer but I am 22, fit and healthy with a years university under my belt. If there isn't much call for cruise ships going to Peru, then I am prepared to go elsewhere if it means I can get to the continent at least. Did you see the movie "The Worlds Fastest Indian"? I wanna do what Anthony Hopkins did :)
Cruise Travel - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Nope. Generally they only offer 6 month employment contracts.
2 :
No this won't be possible cruise lines usually (depending on the line) offer 6 month contracts to people. It won't be possible to just get on and work as you wouldn't have had any training or anything. Why don't you apply for jobs on a cruise lines then you may be able to see more places than just Peru.