Tuesday, September 1, 2009

If I work and live in a foreign country, do I still have to pay US taxes


If I work and live in a foreign country, do I still have to pay US taxes?
If I keep my US citzenship and move and work in South America (Peru) for two years, do I still have to pay US taxes? So if I lived in the US and worked for another country, I don't have to pay taxes?
Government - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Not unless you earn money in the United States. And then you would only have to pay taxes on what you earn in the United States while you live and work in a foreign country.
2 :
you have to stay and work outside of USA for 11 consecutive month in order not to pat tax. That is Why a lot of companies give a month vacation, i guess.
3 :
YES!
4 :
I'm sure there's more than to the responces. I believe it depends if you become a resident of that country, plus you have to let the US know you wont be in the country that way you are not hold accountable.